Healthy Mompreneur

Healthy Mompreneur
Shawna L. Hamilton B.A,BKin,H.D

Monday, July 01, 2013

When Life Throws Ya A Baby....


So, it's finally time for a new blog. Many things always accompany a new chapter right? I've been thinking of this project for quite some time, but always hesitated as I wondered what a once ever so busy, hyper independent, passionate, self employed health and wellness professional turned stay at home/work from home mom would have to say. Moreover, I also contemplated exactly what I could possibly contribute, until it hit me.

Oh So Mompreneurial! was born the moment I realized how wonderful it would be to offer a reliable and dependable resource for new moms who were trying to learn and understand their new identity as well as figure out how to continue contributing to their family bank account. I certainly didn't let go of my small, mobile health and fitness business,

http://www.fitandonthemove.com


but it did get a huge shove to the side for a little while as my sweet baby girl blessed us this May. I decided that my objective is to find a way to keep my passion of helping women look and feel beautiful and vital alive! So with that, I would like to sincerely welcome you to a forum honestly written by me, offering over 12 years of experience in the health and fitness industry and a place where you can find healthy recipe ideas, weight loss support, solid nutrition and supplement information, fitness tips, natural medicine and more!

I am also excited to be part of a super fun, talented and successful group of women who share my interest in providing others with the greatest in all natural, vegan and gluten free wellness products and purely botanical, Swiss based skincare.


As an Arbonne consultant, my personal and professional selves have an opportunity to mix well! The babe and I get to connect with other moms and entrepreneurs to combine some fun business and pleasure! It's all coming together nicely for me, as I pave a path that enables me to earn AND raise Ava! I've spent my 20's getting educated, my 30's working hard and building a brand and now I aim to spend my 40's being the best mom I can while never losing my entrepreneurial spirit! So much is possible and I'm grateful for the fortitude, courage, confidence and will power that comes with age! Don't you find that too? The older we get, the more we can accept past challenges because they have taught us so much and the deeper our excitement can grow because we have gained better understanding of exactly what we are capable of. This is 40 for me. I embraced this birthday like no other!

And now, the homeopath and trainer in me can add mommyhood to my resume! After marrying "late" (at 36) and having our beautiful little girl "late" (at 40) I decided that this miraculous life change deserves a spotlight too! The only difference being, that I completely demote myself from expert to newbie in this particular profession! And being the best mom you can be IS hard work and is the only work on the planet that doesn't come with a universal prep course! Believe me, I am very aware that I am not raising a new issue here, balancing work and family for women has been ongoing for decades and I am proud to throw myself in the mix of these fabulous Super Women who are out there killing it! I'm green with envy! This life balance really is a true art and if I can help others with an idea or two that'll help save time, naturally heal a baby's bum rash, lose a few pounds, or get fit, that's what I am here for!

Never hesitate to reach out, I'd love to hear from you!

A warm hug and a thank you for taking a look and allowing me to introduce myself! I look forward to supporting you through the slings and arrows of new motherhood, work and life! Heck, I'm sure we'll end up supporting eachother!

Perfect timing, the lil miss is calling...ahem..screaming! It's mid morning and this is the best time for her daily exercise! Her pooch loves to join her too! I've attached a photo from the last time she was on her mat! I'm a big fan of these things, it helps to offer some stretch time, builds her muscles and stimulates her brain! They're inexpensive too!

Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canadians! This Holiday afternoon, the only plan is to spend time at home with the fam and get some baking in while hubs is home to watch Ava! I make my own protein bars! I'll share my easy recipe with you on my next entry!

Til the next time I have two hands to type,
S :)

Ava and Chance


No comments:

Post a Comment